Mortgages are not one-size-fits-all
Our Mortgage Banking Officers not only guide you to the best mortgage for your unique situation, they have earned a reputation for being knowledgeable and accessible and for making complex processes as easy as possible. Whether you are shopping for a new home or looking to refinance, you’ll encounter choices—some that can impact your monthly payment, like length of term, down payment size, whether or not you have a fixed rate.
We offer the following types of mortgages:
- Primary residence
- Primary residence, jumbo mortgage
- First-time home buyer and affordable housing programs
- Second homes
- Second homes jumbo mortgage
- Investment and rental homes
- Land and construction loans
- Mobile homes
To qualify for financing, your property must be located in Vermont.
Loans that are evaluated using NSB approval criteria may qualify for higher amounts. Depending on your unique situation, your loan request may be evaluated using national market investor standards or NSB approval criteria. Rates vary depending on which program you qualify for.
Special Mortgage Programs
Northfield Savings Bank is also a provider of home loans supported by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Veterans Affairs (VA), and the Vermont Housing Finance Agency (VHFA).
- We participate in the USDA Rural Development Single Family Housing Guaranteed Loan Program. This program is designed to help low- and very low-income applicants obtain safe and sanitary housing in eligible rural areas.
- VA loans help support the home-buying needs of active duty military personnel, Reservists, and National Guard members. Through this program, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs guarantees the home loan, allowing for lower interest rates and other benefits to veterans.
- VHFA is a not-for-profit organization that provides funding to help low- and moderate-income individuals and families obtain low-interest mortgages. They also provide financial support for down payments and closing costs, plus a range of other benefits.
Contact a Mortgage Banking Officer in your area for more information about these programs.
If you're ready to take the step to home ownership and need an affordable mortgage to get you started, we can help. Our NSB Pathway Mortgage rewards customers for getting smarter about home buying.
With the NSB Pathway Mortgage you:
- Enjoy the stability and flexibility of a fixed rate
- Benefit from the local decision making that comes from working with a truly local bank
- Save money with a rate reduction and reimbursement of your appraisal fee*
Contact a Mortgage Banking Officer in your area for more information.
*Approval subject to NSB underwriting and credit eligibility requirements.