Services and Solutions
As the largest bank headquartered in Vermont, we provide local decision making for all types of loans, benefiting business from early years of growth to long established companies.
We offer products and services focused on commercial real estate acquisition, construction, development, owner/operator real estate, investment property, and more.
- Competitive interest rates
- Flexible terms and structure
Lines of Credit
Cash shortfalls can be a normal part of an operating cycle for seasonal and project-based businesses. Northfield Savings Bank's Lines of Credit help you bridge the gap between front end expenses or costs and collection of payments from your clients, letting you focus on running the business.
- Revolving and non-revolving options
- Flexible payment options
- Competitive rates
Choose a business credit card that is right for your business
Our business credit cards offer benefits such as low rates, cash back, and flexible rewards—thanks to our third-party provider Elan Financial Services. No matter which card you choose, your business will also benefit from important features like free online expense reporting tools, no fee for additional employee cards, mobile payment capability for added convenience, Zero Fraud Liability* (you won’t be liable for fraudulent purchases when your card is lost or stolen) and Cardmember Service available 24 hours a day/365 days per year. If you are a non-profit or municipal organization, please contact us to apply.
* Elan Financial Services provides zero fraud liability for unauthorized transactions. Cardholder must notify Elan Financial Services promptly of any unauthorized use. Certain conditions and limitations may apply.
The creditor and issuer of these cards is Elan Financial Services, pursuant to separate licenses from Visa U.S.A. Inc., and Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Approval subject to creditworthiness. Other restrictions apply.
Machinery and Equipment Financing
Northfield Savings Bank offers flexible financing to purchase, replace, or upgrade equipment, preserving cash flow and allowing you to generate earnings, whether the need is production equipment, heavy machinery, IT servers, vehicles, or other equipment.
Letters of Credit
Northfield Savings Bank issues Letters of Credit to guarantee performance, either financial or operational. We ensure a payment will be made to the beneficiary for a specific transaction, provided the conditions of the letter of credit are met.
Non-profit organizations have distinct considerations and unique needs, often weathering seasonal or economic swings, managing costs for staff and navigating investments. Our solutions help you expand services and improve operational efficiency, all while living our mission by giving back to the local community.
New and Recently Established Businesses
As you build a solid banking foundation, our team is thoughtful about your organization's needs. Our customized Business Builder loan program supports new and recently established businesses/business owners in early years of growth, to help establish a lending and deposit relationship that will grow as banking needs change. Additionally, our flexible and easy-to-understand products and services grow with you, as your banking needs change.
Government and Institutional Banking
Northfield Savings Bank is committed to supporting local government and institutional entities by offering various financing options to cover operational costs, including tax anticipation notes, capital expense loans and lines of credit.
Connect with a Business Banker
When you apply for a business loan, financial information about the business and the owners will be obtained. Below are items typically needed as part of the loan application process. Note that not all commercial loans may require an application. Contact a Business Banker with any questions about the process and to complete a Business Loan Application.
- Financial statements or business tax returns— including all statements and schedules—for the last three years, or CPA-prepared financial statements
- Financial statements for any other business in which the principal has a 20% ownership stake (including three fiscal year-end statements, a current interim financial statement and a debt schedule)
- Personal tax returns for the past three years, including all schedules for all owners
- Current profit and loss statement
- Current balance sheet
- Current debt schedule (creditor name, current balance, monthly payment and collateral securing the subject loans)
- Personal Financial Statement
- Annual Rent Roll Form
- Borrower’s Certification and Authorization
- Authorization To Obtain Credit Report(s) Form
- Individual/Joint Consent Form
- Bill of Sale or Purchase & Sale Agreement, if applicable
- Additional items or financial information may be required