Updated: January 11, 9:00 AM
ECONOMIC IMPACT PAYMENTS
The US government has announced the release of Economic Impact Payments to many Americans. Those payments being made electronically have begun to be issued and will be available to customers on January 4th, 2021. Northfield Savings Bank is experiencing a significant number of calls seeking information on these payments and we want to help. To avoid wait times, we encourage all customers to check the IRS.gov website for additional information about the timing or amount of the payments and to view their account information through Online Banking on January 4th to confirm if an electronic payment was received. Northfield Savings Bank is not able to provide any guidance on eligibility to receive the payment but will be happy to answer any account questions that you may have. We apologize for any delays experienced.
Ways to access your banking at NSB
We want to assure you that NSB will continue to be here to offer a full range of banking services while keeping our community safe. Anything you need to do, we will try to make it happen as long as it can be done within staff, customer, and public safety responsibilities we all must observe.
BRANCH LOBBY SERVICE
Northfield Savings Bank branch lobby service is restricted to select transactions by appointment only Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Click Request an Appointment to choose a location and view appointment types. Customer visits are subject to health screening questions.
MONDAY – FRIDAY 8:30 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. 1
AVAILABLE 24/7 2
M – F 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M., SAT. 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
Federal business relief programs
PAYCHECK PROTECTION PROGRAM (PPP)
On December 27, 2020, coronavirus relief legislation reinstated the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). NSB is accepting applications for its customers and Vermont-based businesses located within NSB’s market area. NSB will begin submitting loan applications to the SBA when the application portal reopens to all PPP lenders. PPP funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are depleted or March 31, 2021, whichever comes first.
Please click below for PPP information.
EMERGENCY GRANTS AVAILABLE TO VERMONT BUSINESSES
ECONOMIC INJURY DISASTER LOANS (EIDL)
Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) are available through the SBA. Obtaining relief via EIDL will not decrease a borrower’s PPP eligibility, provided the loan proceeds are not used for the same purpose. However, any EIDL advance proceeds received will be subtracted from any PPP forgiveness amount. EIDL applicants may receive an advance (grant) of up to $10,000 which is not repaid to the SBA, even if the EIDL loan application is ultimately rejected.
We're on the job and ready to serve
- Our Commercial Banking Officers are ready and able to work with customers to provide relief to those under pressure currently through working capital lines of credit and other payment accommodations.
- We are simplifying our processes to ensure customers have the tools necessary to manage cash flow efficiently, and we can increase mobile deposit limits should you have a need.
- We encourage our customers to use online banking services that enable remote access and support social distancing during this extraordinary time.
Please contact your Commercial Banking Officer directly for assistance with any of the above items.
COMMUNITY BANKING, MORTGAGES & PERSONAL LOANS
- We are waiving out-of-network ATM fees for NSB cardholders - expires 9/1/20
- We are allowing for penalty-free3 early withdrawals on CD’s - expires 9/1/20
- We can increase daily limits for ATM withdrawals and mobile deposits.
- We are ready and able to work with you to provide financial relief by offering various payment accommodations for mortgages and personal loans.
Should you have a need for any of these items and would like to make a request, please contact our NSB Call Center at 1-800-NSB-CASH.
PROTECT AGAINST POTENTIAL SCAMS
YOUR DEPOSITS ARE SAFE
For health updates on COVID-19, please visit these resources:
1 Drive-up unavailable at 160 College Street in Burlington and 2 North Main Street in Randolph.
2 ATM at 160 College Street in Burlington available 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
3 Withdrawals made within 6 days of initial deposit or within 6 days of a withdrawal remain subject to penalty, per federal regulation.