Identity theft continues to be one of the fastest growing crimes in the United States, and has been ranked as one of the top consumer concerns for several years.
To help prevent identity theft, please review these educational resources:
- Read this brochure titled "You Have the Power to Stop Identity Theft".
- Watch the FDIC YouTube video below to learn how to avoid being victimized by online fraudulent activity. To view other educational videos visit the FDIC’s YouTube channel.
- Visit the Federal Trade Commission consumer information website to learn how you can protect yourself from identity theft.
If you suspect you have been a victim of identity theft, these tools may help you:
- Identity Theft 12 Step Checklist
- ID Theft Affidavit
- Where to Report Identity Theft
- Identity Theft Resolution Tracking
- A Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act